To sum up, never say:
The man which is sitting at the table is this restaurant’s owner.
to be CORRECT, always say:
THE MAN / WOMAN / PERSON / PEOPLE WHO
TO PRACTISE IT AND REMEMBER IT BETTER, TRY TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE:
Test your Brain! Puzzle – Relative clauses with „who”
Five women went shopping for groceries. Each one of them is wearing a different colour blouse and is accompanied by someone. Also, each lady forgot to buy an item.
- The one who forgot to buy bread is next to the one who is accompanied by her sister, on the left.
- The one who is wearing blue is next to the one who is accompanied by her son, on the left.
- The one who is accompanied by her husband will use a food voucher to pay.
- The one at cashier 1 is accompanied by her boyfriend.
- The one who paid by credit is at cashier 4.
- The one at cashier 5 paid cash.
- The one who is accompanied by her husband is next to the one who forgot to buy bread, on the left.
- The one who paid by cheque is at cashier 1.
- The one who paid by credit forgot to buy ham.
- The one who forgot to buy milk paid cash.
- The one who forgot to buy softener is either at cashier 1 or 5.
- Fernanda is wearing white.
- The one who is wearing green is next to the one wearing blue, on the left.
- Aline is accompanied by her husband.
- Carol is on Aline’s right.
- Natália is at cashier 5.
- Juliana is next to the one who is wearing yellow, on the left.
- The one who is wearing white forgot to buy ham.
- The one who is wearing red is accompanied by her son.
So… Can you solve the problem?
Names: Fernanda, Natália, Aline, Carol and Juliana.
Items: Bread, ham, milk, softener and fruit.
Companies: husband, son, boyfriend, mother and sister.
Payment: Cash, credit, debit, voucher or cheque.
Blouse: yellow, blue, white, red, green.
This is actually an easy problem to solve. You can set a competition and give a prize to the group that finishes first.
Tip: Draw a table!
|Cashier 1||Cashier 2||Cashier 3||Cashier 4||Cashier 5|